Tuesday 5 February 2019

St Peters School

This morning I went to do the assembly at St Peters, it was our first assembly visit of 2019.  So after saying Happy New Year and that I hoped they had had a good Christmas we started with God's Love is Bigger than a Burger.  I explained that in the song there was a word which I was going to talk about after the song, so when we had finished it I asked them what the word was - love of course.  I then talked about people in the Bible that showed love to either a group of people or individuals or both as well as talking about the love they had for God and the love he has for us.  We had Moses, David, Ruth, Esther and then Jesus.  I finished with John 15:12 - Love one another as I have love you.  I then explained what Jesus meant by those words before expanding it out and asking the children how they might show love - we had things like - being helpful, kind, encouraging, by playing with someone...  I then said when we do that we can Shine from the inside out - cue for a song.  After the song I said a short prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment