Friday 1 February 2019

OT Mini Lesson 4 St Peters School

On Thursday afternoon I was once again at St Peters school with the year 5/6 children.  I was doing lesson 4 of OT Mini, this lesson was all about the United Kingdom and the first kings Saul, David and Solomon.  I went through these stories starting with the birth of Samuel and had some children helping out in costumes.  I finished as Solomon died following his 40 year reign and having built the Temple in Jerusalem and the split that followed.  As I explained what happened to the northern territory which took on the name Israel and how none of the kings followed God afterwards I left the children with the prophets speaking out.  I also explained that in the south which took the name of the largest tribe - Judah only a few kings followed God.  I gave an insight into what was to come next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment