Thursday 31 January 2019

Coniston Primary School

This morning I went over to Coniston Primary School.  It was good to see the children again after such a long time.  I started the assembly with God's Love is Bigger than a Burger, saying that there was a word in the song that I wanted to talk about - love.  After the song I asked the children what it was.  I explained that the Bible is full of stories some are long while others are very short, some of them talk about love while some show love.  I then displayed a series of pictures of people from stories in the Bible and talked about how they showed love, we had Moses, David, Ruth, Esther and finally Jesus.  I also displayed the words from John 15:12 which says Love one another as I have loved you - I explained what this means to the children I also pointed out a verse that was on display in the hall from 1 Corinthians 16:14 which says Do everything in love.  I encouraged the children to think about these words and to try to show love in as many ways as they possibly could do by being kind, helping people out, sharing things, giving someone a simple smile.  To finish off we sang Shine then I closed with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment