Wednesday 16 January 2019

Burlington School

This afternoon I went to do the assembly at Burlington School.  To start with we sang God's Love is Bigger than a Burger as the word love was a key point to the assembly.  I introduced the children to the theme which was Love in the Bible, then displayed several pictures of people from the Bible that showed love in some way either towards one person, a group of people or God as well as saying just how much God loves us.  We had Moses, David, Ruth, Esther, Jesus - I ended with words that Jesus spoke in John 15:12 Love one another as I have loved you.  I explained what Jesus meant by this and then said that we should try to do the same.  I asked for suggestions of how we might show love to others and the children responded in a really positive way from giving the clothes - to making them a cake to giving money so people can have clean water.  I tied this up by saying that when we show love in this way we Shine from the inside out - cue song.  After the song I closed with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment