Friday 25 January 2019

Flookburgh School

On Thursday morning I was at Flookburgh school doing the assembly.  It was great to see all the children and staff again after such a long time.  I started off by singing God's Love is Bigger than a Burger before introducing the theme for the assembly.  I talked about the many stories in the Bible and that a number of them show love either towards an individual or a group of people as well as the love God shows to us and we show towards him.  I had a few examples of this such as David, Ruth, Esther, Moses and Jesus. I gave a quick talk on each one and explained what they did.  I then displayed the verse Love one another as I have love you from John 15:12, which was Jesus talking to his followers and us as well.  I expanded on this idea as I explained it to the children.  Then to finish off we sang Shine before a short prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment