Tuesday 22 January 2019

Croftlands Infant School

This morning Sarah and I went to do the first assembly of 2019 at Croftlands Infant School.  It was good to see all the children and staff again after such a long time. We started with God's Love is Bigger than a Burger before Sarah introduced the theme which was love in the Bible.  I explained that there are loads of stories in the Bible and some of them talk about or show love.  I started with Moses moving on to David, Ruth, Esther and finally Jesus.  Some people showed great love for loads of people others to just a couple.  I also explained about God's great love for us in sending us Jesus.  I finished with the words of Jesus from John 15:12 Love one another as I have loved you.  Sarah went on to explain this to the children and asked them for ways they could show love - helping people out, holding doors open, being friendly etc.  To finish we sang Shine before Sarah closed with a short prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment