Tuesday 15 January 2019

Low Furness School

This morning Sarah and I went to do our first assembly of the new year at Low Furness School.  It was great to see all the children again after the Christmas break.  We started by singing God's Love is Bigger than a Burger before talking about the theme for this half term which is Love.  Our assembly was on love in the Bible.  Sarah explained that there are loads of stories in the Bible and loads of examples of love.  I had pictures that represented a few of those stories:- such as Moses, David, Ruth, Esther then on into the New Testament Jesus.  As I displayed the picture I explained what the people did that showed love.  I used the words from John 15: 12 which says Love one another as I have loved you.  Sarah then expanded this idea further with the children.  She talked about showing love and how to do that and she suggested as we are at the start of a new year perhaps it might be a good thing to do.  We finished off with Shine before Sarah closed with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment