Wednesday 16 January 2019

OT Mini Lesson 2 Burlington School

This afternoon I was at Burlington School with the year 5/6 class doing lesson 2 of OT Mini.  I did a recap of the story from last week and Joseph down in Egypt along with all his family.  Then did a random recap of the hand signs and key words by asking the children to either show me a hand sign or say a key word, I also did the same so that we covered all 8 from last week.  So we moved on and fast forwarded through 430 years of history as Genesis closes and Exodus opens, I explained that we don't know really what happened during this time.  I explained that Joseph and his family had long since gone and the king didn't know who he was.  I cover the birth story of Moses and his up bringing as much as the Bible tells us, then him running away because he killed someone.  Then his calling at the burning bush and his return to Egypt.  The 10 plagues followed and then the Passover which I went into in a bit more detail.  I cover the Red Sea crossing and the giving of the law and the building of the tabernacle and the role of the priests.  I explained about the many festivals as well.  Moses a some point counted the people before they made the first attempt into the promised land but 10 of the 12 spies lied about what they had seen and the people spent the next 40 years wandering in the wilderness before Moses went over the laws again.  So 5 books covered next week the taking of the land and another 400 + years of history.

No comments:

Post a Comment