Wednesday 30 January 2019

Newton School

On Monday Sarah and I went to do our assembly on love in the Bible at Newton School.  It was great to see all the children again as it seems ages since we last saw them.  After singing God's Love is Bigger than a Burger Sarah introduced the them saying that in the Bible there are loads of stories and some of them are love stories or show love in some way.  I then went on and told a few, as I displayed a picture about the story Sarah asked if anyone knew what the story was going to be.  One little girl got everyone.  I briefly covered Moses, David, Ruth, Esther, then talked about Jesus finishing with Jesus' words in John 15:12 Love one another as I have loved you.  Sarah went on then to explain what those words mean and how we can do just that every day by showing kindness, helping others, saying nice things etc.  To finish off we sang Shine before Sarah finished with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment