Wednesday 27 January 2016

Broughton School

This morning I went over to Broughton School to do our first assembly of 2016 with them.  It was great to see all the children again following the Christmas break (it seems a long time ago now) I wished the children a Happy New Year.  To start of we sang God Can Do Anything, then I told the story of Jesus selecting Peter and Andrew to be followers of him.  To help me I used the Big Ministries Book 2 which has responses for the children to do and say on certain trigger words ( I have added a few of my own to it also)  I didn't read the story directly from the book as I did quite a bit of ad lib as I went along.  After the story I reminded the children that we are all special in God's eyes and that we don't need to have loads of money, fancy clothes, a posh house and car for God to use us in some way- Peter and Andrew were smelly, dirty fishermen yet they were used in a massive way by Jesus.  We are all special and so we sang Touch a Finger to finish off the assembly as it mentions about us being special to God.  I close the assembly with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment