Tuesday 19 January 2016

Croftlands Infants School

This morning I went along to Croftlands Infants School for the first assembly of the new year.  It was great to see all the children again after their Christmas break.  To start off we sang God can do Anything then I introduced the story when Jesus called Peter and Andrew.  I used the Big Ministries book to help tell the story as it has some key words for the children to respond to when they heard me say it.  The children had to respond by shouting something out or doing an action.  Following the story I explained that Peter and Andrew were just every day people they were not special in any way shape or form - they would have been a bit smelly due to their job.  But it doesn't matter what we look like, or sound like or in the case of Peter and Andrew smell like - God and Jesus can use us for his work.  Following the story we sang Touch a Finger which reminds us that no matter what we look like we are special to God.  I then finished off the assembly with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment