Monday 25 January 2016

Penny Bridge School

This morning Sarah and I went to do the first assembly of the New Year at Penny Bridge School.  It was really great to see all the children and staff again.  To start of the assembly we sang God can do anything.  Following this I told the story of Jesus calling Andrew and Peter, I used the Big Ministries book 2 which has key words the children need to respond to as I tell the story, I also added a few of my own.  Although I took the idea of the story from the book I did a considerable amount of ad lib along the way. After the story Sarah then explained that the fishermen were just everyday people - a bit smelly and dirty but what we look like, what we own, no matter what age we are we are all special to God and he can use us for his work.  We then sang Touch a finger before Sarah closed with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment