Thursday 21 January 2016

Leven Valley School

This morning I went down to do the assembly at Leven Valley School.  It was our first one since Christmas so I started by wishing them a Happy New Year.  We then sang God Can Do Anything.  Following the song I told the story of Jesus calling Peter and Andrew and to help the children had some responses to make at certain key words.  I explained what the children had to do whenever they heard the word.  After the story I encouraged the children in that Jesus picked ordinary people like us to be his followers.  Peter and Andrew were smelly, dirty fishermen not well educated but they along with James and John started the church after Jesus died and went back into heaven.  Anyone of us can be a follower of Jesus, as in God's eyes we are all special no matter what we look like, or how clever we are, or what clothes we wear or how much money we have.  To finish off we sang Touch a Finger then I said a closing prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment