Tuesday 26 January 2016

Low Furness School

This morning I went to Low Furness School for the assembly.  The theme given to us was Going for Goals.  To start off the assembly I had decided to sing God Can Do Anything and said that later on I would link to this.  I then asked the children what they wanted to be when they grew up.  A few children answered pop star, police etc.  I talked about when I was their age and what I wanted to be an electrician.  Then later on I changed my mind and wanted to do something with history - in the end I became a teacher, teaching electronics.  I explained that we sometimes have a goal in life and work towards that but God might have a different idea and plan for us.  I then used the story of Jesus calling Peter and Andrew from being fishermen which they had done all their lives and followed their father and even grandfather, to be fishermen for him, fishing for people.  Following the story I displayed the Jeremiah 29:11 passage in picture form and explained it to the children - I displayed the words afterwards for them to read.  I reminded the children that they are all special to God and that God can do anything and that nothing is too big or small for him.  We might think we want to be a football player and go for that goal (no pun intended) but God wants us to be a Politian instead.  To finish we sang Touch a finger as this talks about us being special to God.  I then closed with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment