Thursday 21 January 2016

Our Lady's School

This morning I went to Our Lady's School for the assembly.  After saying hello and wishing them a Happy New Year (yes I know it is 21st Jan) We sang God can do Anything then I divided the children into year groups and gave each one a response to say as I told the story of Jesus calling his first followers Peter and Andrew.  I used the Big Ministries Book 2 to tell the story and the children all joined in with the various responses.  The story - a true one  added reminds us that anyone of us can be a follower of Jesus and God can use us in a great way.  The fishermen were smell, dirty, not very well educated but Jesus asked them to start the church and Peter did.  I encouraged the children by telling them that they are all special which linked in with the second song Touch a Finger.  After the song I closed the assembly with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment