Tuesday 26 January 2016

Crosthwaite School

This afternoon I went over to Crosthwaite School to take the assembly.  It was an interesting drive as the rain hasn't stopped falling all day, I drove through several floods (not deep ones) to get there.  It was the first visit for us of 2016 so after wishing the children and staff a Happy New Year I started the assembly with God Can Do Anything.  I said that later on in the assembly I was going to link this to the story I had for them.  I introduced the story of Jesus calling Peter and Andrew which is a story that requires the children to respond at certain points.  So I divided the children up into 3 groups and each one took on a response.  The story went well and then afterwards I talked about how we are all special and that God can us to do things for him and like Peter and Andrew who are ordinary people, we don't have to be clever, have loads of money and the latest things anyone of us can do stuff for him.  I pointed out that God can use us as God can do Anything and nothing is too big or small for him.  Being that we are special to God we sang to finish Touch a Finger which mentions that we are special.  Then we said a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment