Wednesday 27 June 2012

Bible Explorer Lesson 3 Pennington

This afternoon I have taught the 3rd BX lesson to the year 5 children at Pennington School.  I set a fast pace with them covering 500 or so years of history in just 1 hour!  Sounds a lot but we cover the book of Judges which lasts about 400 years.  We don't cover all the Judges just 3 of them Deborah, Gideon and Samson.  We also cover the book of Joshua as well as Ruth.  I needed lots of helpers today with the story and the children willingly put their hands up and want to be a part of the story which I think is great.  Next week we look at Samual, Saul, David and Soloman as we lead up to the exile.  The children always want more whenever the lesson finishes and I say 'I'll tell you next time'  I feel it is a great privaledge to be able to tell these stories and that schools are open to it.  We should continue to pray that they will remain open.

No comments:

Post a Comment