Tuesday 26 June 2012

Low Furness School

This morning I went off to Low Furness School to take the assembly.  We had been given the theme of change and the story of Saul/Paul.  So after singing Giants of Faith as the children requested I started to tell the story from the Lion Storyteller Bible.  However I did add a few extra bits in myself just to have a bit of drama in.  At the end of the story I talked a bit about how Saul's life really did change so much so he could have been listed in the story Giants of Faith.  I told how he was punished for being a follower of Jesus and was put into prison and beaten up and even ship wrecked.  However I never stopped telling people about Jesus even from prison.  I told the children about the letters he wrote which encouraged people then and now.  I also said that because of his work for Jesus we got to hear about it too.  To finish with we sang So Many Ways to Praise the Lord as Paul did frequently whenever he faced difficult times.

No comments:

Post a Comment