Wednesday 20 June 2012

BX Lesson 2 at Pennington

This afternoon I was once again in Pennington School doing Bible Explorer.  Last week we finished on a bit of a cliff hanger as Joseph was in Egypt and was later joined by the rest of his family.  As the lesson started this afternoon I turned to the last chapter of Genesis and asked the children to watch very carefully as I turned the page to Exodus.  Then I asked the children if they saw it - blank faces looked back at me so I did it again only to be greeted once again with the same blank faces.  So I told them what they had missed - 400years, Wow with the turning of the page 400 years past by.  Which if you know Bible Explorer at all is the first hand sign of lesson 2.  The rest of the lesson went well as we looked at the story of Moses all 120 years of it and then once again as at the end of the first lesson with the Israelites waiting, waiting on the East side of the river Jordon.  I asked the children if they knew what happened next - those blank faces looked at me again.  Then I said I'll tell you next week.  Which was met with an awe tell us now Mark.
This blog does not even go half way to telling you how much fun we had this afternoon and how the children enjoyed taking part.  Can't wait until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment