Tuesday 12 June 2012

Crosthwaite School

We had a great time over at Crosthwaite School this afternoon.  Part of the school was out so we only had the KS1 children.  We also had to meet in one of the classrooms.  It was a great opportunity for us to take Scruff the Dog.  Scruff came out and he was looking for his 'I'm Special' badge that someone gave him at the weekend.  So I asked him why he needed it and Scruff said because he was special.  So I asked him if anyone else was special but he didn't seem to think they were.  Scruff and I continued to talk about being special and I asked the children if they felt they were special and hands went up and the children said that they were special to God.  So I asked Scruff if I could give his 'I'm Special' badge away but he got a bit upset by that but he eventually understood that everyone is special in God's eyes.  We had started the assembly with Great Big God and then after the talk we sang Touch a finger and then one of the children asked if we could sing Shine.  We then finished with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment