Tuesday 19 June 2012

Croftlands Infants School

We took Scruff the Dog along to Croftlands Infants School this afternoon.  He had been given a badge that said I'm Special on it.  To start with he couldn't find it and was therefore very sad.  He told me he had looked everywhere.  So I asked him if he had looked in the same way that all children do when they can't find things he said he had but then I found the badge in his bag and it did say I'm Special.  So I asked if he had won a dog show - No or another type of competition - No so why the badge and Scruff said someone just gave it to him.  So I asked the children if they were special and they all put up their hand.  But when I asked Scruff if I could give his badge to one of the children he became very sad.  I thought it would be good then to ask some of the children why they were special and they came up with some really good ideas like we all look different etc.  Scruff was starting to understand so I told everyone that we are all special to God and that God loves us very much.  I even told the children that God knew all about us and that included the number of hairs on or head.  Scruff thought that this was funny as I don't have much hair.  Scruff would still not allow me to given a way his badge and the reason this time was because it was a doggy bag.  The songs today were Touch a Finger but to start with we introduced Giants of Faith.  Sarah ended the assembly with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment