Thursday 21 June 2012

Our Lady's School

I went this morning over to Our Lady's in Dalton.  Sarah decided due to the heavy rain that she would stay at home (good plan).  The children were pleased to see me though.  I started with Giants of Faith as we had introduced that to them last time.  And then I sat down and introduced Scruff the Dog to the school.  The children loved him, even though when he first came out he was a little sad and down.  I asked him why he was feeling so sad - was it the rain?  No he had lost something and had looked everywhere for it and couldn't find it.  I offered to help and found it in his bag!!  It was a badge that said I'm Special on it.  I didn't fully understand so I asked Scruff if he had won a dog show or something.  No he said he was just given it by someone special because he was special.  Pushing my point a little more with him I said is it only you who is special - Yes he replied.  So I asked the children if they thought that they were special in some way, and all hands went up.  Ah I said to Scruff so we can all be special so can I give your badge away?  Scruff got upset at that idea as he didn't want his badge giving away.  As all the children had put their hands up I went round and asked them why they were special and I got a number of different replies - someone even said because God had made us that way.  I told the children and Scruff that we are all special because God  yes made us that way and loves us as well and in fact he even knows how many hairs we have on our heads.  Scruff thought that this was funny because he said in my case that wouldn't be very hard to do.  I also said that God has loved us even before we were born.  I then tried again to give his badge away but again he said no but this time he said because that badge was really only for dogs.  He then suggested a song Touch a Finger.  Following the song I said a short prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment