Tuesday 19 June 2012

Ulverston Infants - Church Walk

Today we went once again to Ulverston Infants school and we took along Scruff the Dog.  But to start with we introduced the children to Giants of Faith.  Then I sat down with Scruff.  He was looking a little sad as he had lost something.  I asked if he had look for it really hard and he said he had looked everywhere, I remarked had he looked like most children do when they have lost something to which the teachers laughed while the children just sat there.  Anyway I looked in his bag and ...there it was a badge that said "I'm Special"  Wow I said who gave you this, had he been to a dog show, or had he won another competition or something.  No Scruff said just someone special had given it to him.  Oh I said is there anybody else special then, Scruff shook his head.  So I asked the children if any of them thought they were special and everyone put up their hand.  See I said to Scruff the children think they are special so can I give them your badge.  No Scruff said looking sad.  With this I then asked the children to tell me why they were special, one said it was their birthday, another said they had just started at Beavers and another said they did good things with out here parents asking her etc.  So I said to Scruff we are all special in some way and we are all very special to God as he made us all and he even knows how many hairs are on our heads with this Scruff looked at me and said well in your case that isn't hard!!  So Scruff learnt that we are all special to God but still didn't want me to give his badge away because it had a dog on it and it really was just for dogs.  I said that God loves us so much that in fact he even knew about us before we were born and loved us then too.  Scruff asked Sarah if we knew a song about being special and we did it was Touch a Finger to we all got partners and sang that before Sarah finished with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment