Thursday 14 June 2012

Leven Valley School

Scruff the Dog came with us today as we did the assembly at Leven Valley.  We started with Giant of Faith as we haven't done that one before with the children.  Then Scruff came out and was a bit sad as he had lost his I'm Special badge which someone special had given him.  I asked him if it was for being in a dog show and he said no it was just because he was special.  I asked if anyone else was special and Scruff said no but lots of children put their hands up.  So I asked Scruff if I could give his badge away and he started to become really sad and that idea.  So I asked the children if they were special and lots told me why they thought they were special some even said that we are unique and that God made us all special.  So I told Scruff that God even knows how many hairs we have on our heads and he said that in my case that wasn't hard to count.  I also told everyone that God knew us and loved us even before we were born.  Scruff was now getting the idea about what it means to be special to God.  So I asked him again if I could give his badge away and again he said no but this time he said it was because it had a picture of a dog on it and was really only for dogs.  I then told the children that we don't really need a badge to show we are special.  Scruff reminded us about a song which talks about being special to God - Touch a Finger so we sang that before finishing with a prayer.  But as we had some time left we also sang Shine and then by request the Chicken Dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment