Monday 12 March 2018

Church Walk Primary School

This morning I went to do the assembly at Church Walk Primary School.  I started by asking what types of animals the children had - dog, cat, rabbit etc. Then asked them what their favourite Bible story was - I got a number of different answers from the Old and New Testaments.  I explained that my story today was from the New Testament and was a story Jesus told - I pointed out that the stories Jesus told are called parables and they are earthly stories with a heavenly meaning.  I displayed the first bible which was a shepherd and asked what type of animal he looked after - sheep.  I then told them the story of the lost sheep staring Cecil.  After the story I explained what it means for us today and it shows us just how much God loves us and that his love is bigger than anything we could every imagine cue story God's Love is Bigger than a Burger.  After the song I closed with a short prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment