Monday 26 March 2018

Newton Primary School

This morning I went over to Newton Primary School to do the assembly.  It was great to see all the children and staff again after such a long time.  I started the assembly by asking who liked animals, loads of hands went up and then I asked which animals such as dogs, cats, rabbits, etc  I then talked about stories and asked if the children had any favourite Bible stories we had a few hands up.  Linking these two ideas together I explained that I was going to tell a story that Jesus told about an animal.  I then did the Cecil the Sheep story, the children responded with laughing as the story moved on and as I showed the pictures.  After I explained what the story meant in that God is the shepherd and we are the sheep and God like the shepherd will come looking for us and bring us back home.  I pointed out that God's love is so huge and that it is bigger than anything - I linked in the story of Easter too as a demonstration of just how much God loves us.  With all the talk of God's huge love a song was waiting to be sung - God's Love is Bigger than a Burger.  After the song I said a prayer to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment