Wednesday 17 October 2018

Broughton School

Today I went over to do our Harvest assembly at Broughton school.  It was really great to see all the children again.  I started with Inright Outright.  Then talked about time and about what time we do things like get up, eat breakfast, come to school, have lunch.  I asked the children how they know when it is time to do things.  We then played the 1 minute game to see who could count to a minute and then stand up.  Next I talked about apples and asked what was inside them - seeds was the answer I was looking for.  I explained what happens in the apple cycle before asking who put the seed in the apple in the first place, to help out I displayed some Bible verses from Genesis - God was the answer I was looking for.  I moved on to talk about the time of year and one little girl said it is Harvest time.  I explained to the children that harvest is a time when we say thank you to God for all the food we get to eat - but we get food every day so we should thank Him each time we eat.  To finish off we sang Creator God before I closed with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment