Monday 8 October 2018

Newton Primary School

This morning I went to do the assembly at Newton Primary School.  It was really great to see all the children and staff again after such a long time.  To start off we sang Inright Outright before I started to talk about time.  I asked the children questions about time like who tells them to get up, what time is school and who tells them, when is it lunch time etc  We then played the 1 minute game - the children had to count in their heads 1 minute then stand up.  This talk of time linked in with the assembly because I had an apple and I asked what is inside it - seeds so who tells the seed to grow I asked.  I got a number of very good and correct answers I was looking for God tells it.  I then displayed a few Bible verses about creation and how God put the seeds into plants and fruit and how he provides the right conditions for them to grow.  I asked the children what the time of year was and what do we celebrate at this time- harvest of course.  I encouraged the children to say thank you each day for the foods they eat and not just at this time of year.  To finish off we sang Creator God and then I said a short prayer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment