Thursday 4 October 2018

Our Lady's School

This morning I was at Our lady's School for the assembly.  I started with a quick song - Inright Outright before talking about time.  I asked the children who or what gets them up and how do they know what time breakfast is, when does school start, how do they know it is lunch time.  I was getting to the point that something needs to tell us the time to do things.  We then played the 1 minute game.  The minute seemed to take ages to pass but once all the children had stood up I carried on and showed the children an apple.  I asked them what is inside it - seeds came the answer.  So I took a seed and asked who or what tells it to grow - I was looking for God to be the answer which I eventually got from someone, other answers were the water, the soil, the sun.... I displayed a picture showing the apple cycle and then displayed some Bible verses which talk about seeds in fruit and God making it so as well as providing hot and cold, summer and winter in order for them to grow.  This links in with the time of year - harvest.  I encouraged the children to think about what they eat from fruit and vegetables to Big Mac's and KFC and thank God for all the food stuffs we have not just at harvest time.  To finish off we sang Creator God before saying a short prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment