Thursday 18 October 2018

Flookburgh School

This morning Sarah and I had a very pleasant drive down to Flookburgh School to do our Harvest assembly.  It was really great to see all the children and staff again.  So after singing Inright Outright Sarah talked to the children about time and asked questions like what time they get up, have breakfast, come to school have lunch etc she also asked who it was that told them it was time to do those things.  We then played the 1 minute game which was great fun.  I then talked about apples and asked what was inside an apple - seeds was the answer I got.  I showed them a seed as well as displaying a picture of an apple cut in two.  Next we displayed a picture showing the apple cycle and explained what happens.  I asked the children who makes it happen - like who tells the seed to grow or the flower to blossom - God came the answer.  I then read out some verses from the Bible which tells us that God made the apple with the seed in it and He provides the cold and the heat, the rain and the sun the day and the night which makes the seeds grow.  I asked next what time of year we were in - Harvest came the reply. I explained what harvest is and what people did many years ago but I added that today we have food all the time so we could have strawberries at Christmas for example and not just in the summer months.  So if harvest is a time to thank God for the food we have should we not say thank you every time we eat food no matter what it is.  To finish off our assembly we sang Creator God and then Sarah closed with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment