Monday 8 October 2018

Pennington School

This afternoon I went to do the assembly at Pennington School.  I started with Inright Outright.  I then started to talk about time and asked the children a few questions such as who or what tells them to wake up, what time do they have breakfast and who tells them, who tells them school is starting and how do they know it is lunch time.  We then played the 1 minute game.  I then showed the children an apple and asked them what is in side in - seeds was the answer I was looking for.  I then held up an apple seed and asked who or what tells the seed it is time to start growing - I explained the apple cycle to the children.  I had a number of very good answers - I displayed a few Bible verses from Genesis which tells us that God put the seed into the fruit and He provides the right conditions for it to grow.  I next asked what this time of year is called and what we celebrate - harvest time.  I explained what harvest is and how people thank God for the food stuffs they have to eat - but we should do that every day as God is always providing us with good food to eat.  To finish off we sang Creator God before I closed with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment