Monday 15 October 2018

Croftlands Junior School

This morning I went to do are Harvest assembly at Croftlands Junior School.  We sang Inright Outright to start with then I talked about time and about how we know what time to get up or go for lunch etc.  After playing the 1 minute game.  I asked what was inside an apple - seeds was what I was looking for.  I explained the apple cycle to the children then asked who tells the seed it is time to start growing.  As the children gave me their answers I displayed some verses from Genesis which talk about God putting the seed in the fruit and then providing the right conditions for it to grow.  I linked this with Harvest time and how traditionally we had Harvest celebrations to thank God for what He had provided us with.  However with a transport network like we have today we can eat food stuffs all year round like strawberries on Christmas Day.  So therefore we should thank God everyday for the food we eat.  To close I said a short prayer and played Creator God as the children left.

No comments:

Post a Comment