Thursday 4 October 2018

Leven Valley School

This morning I was at Leven Valley School for the assembly.  I started the assembly off with Inright Outright before talking about time and asking a few questions about when the children do things like get up, have breakfast, come to school have lunch - I also asked who tells them it is time to do those things.  We then played the 1 minute game and after everyone had stood up I showed the children and apple and asked them what is inside it - seeds - as well as nice fruit I added.  Seeds was the answer I was looking for though.  I had a seed from an apple and tried to show the children just how small it is and then asked who tells the seed to grow - I was looking foe someone to say God which they did.  I displayed the apple cycle and talked about the stages it goes through.  I then displayed a few verses from Genesis as part of the creation story when God place the seeds into fruit so it could grow more fruit.  I encouraged the children to be thankful for all the different foods stuff we have but to do it everyday and not just at this harvest time of year.  To finish we sang Creator God before a final prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment